WITH A PROBLEM DRINKER?
is a family disease. Those of us who have lived with this disease as
children sometimes have
problems which the Al-Anon
program can help us to resolve. If you
have answered yes to
any of the above questions, Al-Anon may help.
- Do you constantly seek approval and affirmation?
- Do you fail to recognize your accomplishments?
- Do you fear criticism?
- Do you overextend yourself?
- Have you had problems with your own compulsive behavior?
- Do you have a need for perfection?
- Are you uneasy when your life is going smoothly, continually
- Do you feel more alive in the midst of a crisis?
- Do you still feel responsible for others, as you did for the problem
drinker in your life?
- Do you care for others easily, yet find it difficult to care for
- Do you isolate yourself from other people?
- Do you respond with fear to authority figures and angry people?
- Do you feel that individuals and society in general are taking
advantage of you?
- Do you have trouble with intimate relationships?
- Do you confuse pity with love, as you did with the problem drinker?
- Do you attract and/or seek people who tend to be compulsive and
- Do you cling to relationships because you are afraid of being alone?
- Do you mistrust your own feelings and the feelings expressed by
- Do you find it difficult to identify and express your emotions?
- Do you think parental drinking may have affected you?
Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., 1984 Pamphlet S-25
Al-Anon | Alateen | Meetings
| Upcoming Events
Professionals | Media |
Twelve Steps | Twelve
Traditions | Twelve Concepts
| Anonymity | Serenity Prayer | Slogans | Sunflower | Contact
© Al-Anon /
Alateen Quebec West, 2004-05. All Rights Reserved.